Monday, November 23, 2009

Grant? Can you make this happen for me??

For Christmas can I just have this room? please? It's so rustic and lived-in. I love that. I don't like houses that feel stiff, like I need to take off my shoes to walk in and walk on those stupid plastic carpet covers. Does anybody even like those?? And those galoshes! so great. I guarantee the people who live here are awesome. I bet they live by the sea, and sail and do all kinds of great stuff. Is it possible to tell that about someone just from a simple room? As geographer I have a definite inclination towards maps. The one in this room is great, and that giant globe is a dream.

(photo via: a cup of jo)

So, maybe if I can't have this whole room I can at least have this great wall mural from UO and I'll just put it up in a room in our future apartment in tulsa, oklahoma and pretend that we are sailors and that we need giant galoshes to get around in our little town perched beside the sea. hmmm... sounds nice.

But seriously, aren't giant maps GREAT? I love them. and I love you all. it is far too late for nonsense like this.

3 comments:

Mallory said...

I too love maps. Very much so. I can't wait to grow up and have a house of my own to decorate :)

Kristin Gardiner said...

I will live my life as a lobsterman's wife on an island in the blue bay. He will take care of me, he will smell like the sea, and close to my heart he'll always stay.

Sammy said...

that room is great, i agree who likes those hideously discusting plastic covers for the carpet, sick. but i love that room! so cool. also i commented below check it out.
-chunk